Friday, February 1, 2013

Recycled Crafts

One way I love to craft is to take things from the recycling bin and make something out of the boxes and bottles I find in there.  It is another great way to recycle. 

Today, Ava and I found an old egg carton, a bottle and a cracker box.  There are lots of things that you could make from these.  We decided to make caterpillars and a doll.

Here are our recycled items.  

 Here we are painting them. 

 We had to make a home made paint brush, too, since we didn't have any!  It was easy though, we just frayed the end of an old rope scrap and put it on the end of a clothes pin. 

We also took an old box apart and painted the pieces of cardboard with the homemade paints we made.  I decided to get some things from nature and put them on there, like some grass and rocks and flowers. 
Here is my baby brother, Will painting his cardboard. 


 Here we all are, me (Lily), Ava and Will painting our cardboard. 

 We had lots of fun!


Here is my finished picture.

And here are our caterpillars. 


Crafting with recycled things is great because you can make anything and there are so many art supplies to choose from.  So next time you want to throw away something, maybe you can think of something else you can make it into and do it!

5 comments:

  1. You are so resourceful and creative, Lily.

    Devin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your caterpillers. I found a way to make robot valentines using paper and candy. I hope you will post some Valentine crafts since Valentine's day is coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like your crafts, we wish we could do them with you!

    Love,
    Angela, Trevor and Sterling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Grandma is right. You should make some Valentines crafts. I just taught my clients and children (in the nursery) how to make paper chain hearts. They are easy and cheap and look REALLY cute! Too bad you aren't here to make some with me and Uncle Neal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just tried making a paper heart chain, and I had the idea to make it into a tiara. I'll have to take a picture and send it to you! Thanks for the good idea, McKall! Love, Lily

      Delete