First you need some paper, Valentine colors are the best to use. So pink, purple, red, and white are all good. We also used black.
You also need scissors.
And tape or glue.
Then you need to start cutting out hearts. Big ones, medium size ones and small ones. Then there are all sorts of things you can make with the hearts.
I made a heart person, with a big purple heart. I cut it out and drew a face on it.
Then I fan folded another piece of purple paper, and cut it into strips. Then I taped those strips to the heart for arms and legs. Then I taped smaller pink hearts on the ends for hands and feet.
And then, you have a heart person. Ava made a heart Alligator. The possibilities are endless! Just be creative!
Then we made an envelope from a heart. First, you cut out a heart.
Then you fold over the sides.
Then you fold over the top so just the point is sticking up.
Then you fold over the point.
So that it looks like this.
Then you write a special message to someone you love, put it inside and seal it with a sticker.
You can even decorate the envelope too when you're finished. I drew a flower. This one I made for my school teacher, Miss Jones.
Ava and I also made Love bugs. You can make any kind you want, but I made a lady bug and Ava made a butterfly.
For Ava's butterfly, we cut out two hearts and taped them together like this.
Then we added a body in the middle, and Ava decorated the wings how she wanted. We only had crayons, but you can use anything like markers or glitter or stickers.
I made a ladybug with heart spots. I just used a big heart for the body and then I cut out hearts for the spots.
Here are our bugs together.
There you have it, just a few things you can make with paper hearts for Valentines Day!



















Grandma and McKall this post is for you! Love, Lily
ReplyDeleteYour crafts inspired my boys to make valentines for you guys! I'll put them in the mail right away but they'll probably be late. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteLoved the valentine crafts. My kids used to make heart people with legs and arms just like you did when they were little. Your butterfly and ladybug are great! Happy Valentine's Day!
ReplyDelete